Senior Research Scientist in Cyber Security
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Research Scientist
- Add value through assisting in leading research projects in cyber security
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
Data61 have an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and experienced Senior Research Scientist, who has expertise in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilient systems, IoT security and cyber security governance and awareness.
As the successful candidate, you will be expected to lead projects, interact with clients and deliver to client projects, supervise PhD students independently and contribute to develop new research areas and ideas.
You will lead both strategic and industry projects, and undertake novel and world class research. The research on these projects will lead to reputed international publications in top tier security conferences like IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, Crypto and Eurocrypt.
Location: Eveleigh NSW or Clayton VIC
Salary: $109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline area, such as security, privacy or a closely related field and/or significant work experience in the area of cyber security.
- High level written and oral communication skills demonstrated through publications and collaboration with the ability to represent the research team effectively internally and externally, including at national and international conferences.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research activities in cyber security, more specifically in the area of automating cyber security, building resilience systems, IoT security, applied cryptography and cyber security governance and awareness.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring juniors researchers.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia.
Our Commitment to you:
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family, and contribute to creating Australia’s data driven future.
We work flexibly at CSIRO Data61, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here: Balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability. Upload your CV/resume and cover letter as one document (Maximum 2MB)
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Position will be open until filled