- Become a member of Data61's Executive Team
- Make an impact on staffing and science strategy in this new role
- Join CSIRO's Data61 and make a difference to Australia
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. It is unrivalled in intellectual capital and its network with the global technology marketplace. It brings together CSIRO’s Digital Productivity team and the National ICT Australia (NICTA) with approximately 600 research staff and 300 PhD students working in digital technologies for the benefit of Australians.
As the Deputy Director of Data61 you will play a leading role in providing scientific vision, leadership and direction to Data61, ensuring that the research is scientifically relevant and competitive. You will develop a strategic capability plan for people and scientific infrastructure.
Specifically you will provide:
- Impactful leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagements and Partnerships
- Resource Leadership
Location: Sydney preferred, but other locations may be considered
Salary: A competitive salary package will be negotiated
Job Reference: 41584
To be successful you will have:
- A PhD in a relevant field.
- An established international eminence in relevant science with evidence of world-class science leadership.
- Evidence of successful leadership of platform, discovery and impact science at the scale of Data61 business.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills, strategic relationship management capability, and commercial/financial skills that grows new science opportunities and supports commercial outcomes.
- Ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster cross organisational capability.
- A track record in supporting senior leaders in optimal positioning, organisational alignment and science delivery.
- A track record in planning for science infrastructure to meet short and log term needs.
- Behaviours that are exemplary, and that actively promote collaboration and consultation.
At CSIRO we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Our world is changing fast, and data is the basic currency of the new world. Data61 is Australia’s leading digital research network. We’re here to help you create a data-driven future.
Our commitment to you
CSIRO’s Data61 offers an open and supportive workplace, where employee wellbeing is a top priority. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace by focusing on gender equality, support and development of women in leadership and increasing the employment of Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders whilst supporting the LGBTI community and other diverse backgrounds. CSIRO’s Data61 is committed to sourcing the brightest and best talent to become part of the Data61 family - that contributes to creating Australia’s data driven future. We emphasise an individual’s growth and development ,which is supported by interacting and learning from world leading scientists and engineers, who provide the opportunity to challenge, transform and innovate new ideas.
Please click on this Position Details link to view the duties in detail.
Applications close: 23 July, 2017 (11.30 pm AEST)