Operations Manager - Research (Data61) - [Archived Advertisement]
CSIRO - Data61 (View other jobs from this organisation)
Operations Manager - Research (Data61)
Acknowledgement of Country
CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, sea and waters, of the area that we live and work on across Australia. We acknowledge their continuing connection to their culture and pay our respects to their Elders past and present. View our vision towards reconciliation
CSIRO’s data and digital specialist data sciences arm, Data61, is at the forefront of data and digital in solving our greatest data-driven challenges today. We believe Australia can lead the world in change and not just respond to it.
As the Research Operations Manager (ROM) in Data61 you will support the Executive Manager of Business Operations in the professional management of their Business Unit’s people and their physical and financial resources. You will also assist with the day-to-day running of the Business Unit through operational planning, reporting, and the provision of specialist advice related to the Business Units Research infrastructure/activities.
Your duties will include:
- Work with the Executive Manager to manage operational planning processes and monitor the Business Unit’s operational performance, support the Executive Manager in identifying issues and opportunities for improvement across Business Unit operations;
- Assess change requirements and new initiatives to identify operational and implementation support requirements; implementation of enterprise change initiatives in the Business Unit;
- Ensure critical IT infrastructure and equipment is maintained;
- Lead and support major property projects as required and provide specialist advice relevant to the activities;
- Responsible for coordinating enterprise organisational requirements and protocols including HSE, QA/QC, regulatory frameworks and other legislative requirements relevant to the Business Unit;
- Coach staff within Business Unit Support areas as required;
- Collaborate with Enterprise Support Functions to deliver and implement Business Unit initiatives;
- Model appropriate and professional behavior in the workplace;
Engagement and Partnerships
- Develop and maintain relationships relating to site and infrastructure including CBIS and precinct partners (if required);
- Represent the Business Unit in internal and external forums as appropriate;
- Work with Research Directors and Leaders to enhance science delivery;
- Provide high level support and advice to the Executive Manager on issues and interactions with key stakeholders and external parties.
Location: Locations negotiable where there is a significant Data61 presence (NSW, ACT, VIC, or QLD)
Salary: AU$121,455 - AU$142,321 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 6 months
To be considered you will need:
- Demonstrated planning, project management, change management skills, and experience at a senior level;
- Demonstrated experience with HSE and property and asset management;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgment in resolving matters to achieve process/operational improvement;
- Ability to think laterally and strategically and to anticipate and manage problems in ambiguous situations;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate openly and effectively and to build strong relationships with staff, stakeholders, and clients at all levels and across boundaries together with superior interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills;
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of risk management, incident response, organisational requirements, policies and procedures, and external regulations relevant to the Business Unit;
- Relevant professional qualifications are highly desirable.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
Applications for this position are open to Australian Citizens, New Zealand Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Appointment to this role is subject to provision of a national police check and may be subject to other security/medical/character requirements.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
9th December 2022, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 09 Dec 2022
- AU$121,455 - AU$142,321 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
Asset Management and Analysis
IT & ICT