- Are you an experienced leader with deep knowledge in developing innovative technologies?
- Drive rapid adaptation and protype solutions to emerging problems
- Join CSIRO's Data61 - Australia's largest data innovation group
The Research Director sets the vision and strategy for the Engineer and Design Program within Data61. In this important role you will be responsible for leading a function that works in partnership with Research Programs and Business Development to rapidly prototype and develop innovative technology that creates impact and is commercially viable. You will be required to lead and build capability that can rapidly adapt and prototype solutions to emerging problems at short notice.
As the Research Director you must be strategic and collaborative with science leaders and committed to progressing inclusion and promoting diversity. You will form part of the Dat61 Leadership Team and be accountable for the delivery of specific elements of the Business Unit’s overall impact, technology and financial objectives as well as the ongoing development of its strategy. You will work as part of the cohesive and collegial Leadership Team to realise the Business Unit’s vision and work collaboratively with other Research Directors and researchers across the broader organisation in developing an agenda for tackling the nation’s greatest challenges.
Your key result areas will include:
- Impact Science Leadership
- Capability Leadership
- Engagement and Partnerships
- Resource Leadership
For more detail please view the full Position Description
Location: Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne or Brisbane
Salary: Attractive salary package is negotiable
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science and/or extensive relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellence in a large technology function, with oversight of finance and risk management.
- Involvement in strategic planning and implementation of change.
- Evidence of strong engagement skills and strategic relationship management that grows new opportunities and supports commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, empower and develop world class talent and to promote wellbeing and foster cross organisational capability.
- Proven ability to drive the development of globally competitive technology which is suitable for operational use.
- Proven ability to build cohesive focused teams.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
To be eligible for this position you must be willing and able to undertake significant domestic and international travel.
You will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent, or to obtain and maintain a National Security Clearance at the baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please send your application directly to Heidrick & Struggles at email@example.com
In your application you will need provide your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivation and relevant capabilities and experience you could bring to this role.
Open until filled
Please do not apply here. Applications should be emailed directly to Heidrick & Struggles.