- Apply your expertise and experience in the digital domain
- Help deliver operational management and governance to the BU
- Join CSIRO's Data61, the largest innovation group in Australia
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for a suitably experienced person to perform the role of Executive Manager, Business Operations in Data61 and support the Business Unit Director in the effective delivery of operational management and governance of the Business Unit. This is a senior role that facilitates the strategic development of organisational capability, responsible for initiating and implementing business improvement and has oversight of the physical and financial resources. As the Executive manager, Business Operations in Data61, you will assist with the day to day running of the Business Unit through operational planning, oversight of the Operational plan, provision of the project and administration portfolio and assist with the formulation and delivery of the Business Unit’s strategy and chairing of committees.
As a member of the Data61 Executive Team, you will need to demonstrate high level skills and knowledge relevant to the digital domain and the ability to interact with customers and stakeholders at both operational and senior executive level. You will also require experience in development and optimisation of systems and a strong working knowledge of influencing team behaviour.
Your key impact areas will include:
- Functional leadership
- Capability leadership
- Engagement and Partnership
- Resource Leadership
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra (others may be considered)
Salary: Attractive salary package is negotiable
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be considered you will need:
- A relevant degree in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in senior advisory and managerial roles.
- High level skills, knowledge and experience relevant to the digital domain.
- Management experience at a senior level and demonstrated capacity to adapt to change and navigate through ambiguity.
- Experience in the development and optimisation of systems.
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with customers and stakeholders at both the operational and senior executive level, and the proven ability to develop and cultivate productive relationships.
- Experience managing complex projects, and Project and Portfolio Management and systems development.
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills.
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain National Security clearance at the Baseline level.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
At CSIRO, Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology.
CSIRO's Data61 is the data and digital specialist arm of CSIRO. We are creating Australia's data-driven future.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
11 October 2020, 11:00pm AEDT