- Provide leadership to ensure delivery of research projects across Data61.
- Facilitate the formulation and delivery of the Business Unit’s strategy.
- Join Data61 - Australian's largest data innovation group.
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together CSIRO’s Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace.
This position represents an exciting leadership opportunity focused on the delivery of research projects across Data61. In this role you will be accountable for all operational aspects of the business, and will take responsibility for the coordination of programs and projects across Data61 to ensure the successful delivery of research projects for the benefit of Australia. You will assist with the day to day running of the Business Unit through operational planning, reporting, oversight of research programs, and the provision of specialist advice and coaching. You will also assist and facilitate the formulation and delivery of the Business Unit’s strategy.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Functional Leadership
- Capability Leadership
- Engagement and Partnerships
- Resource Leadership
For more information about the responsibilities of this role please view the Position Description
Location: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Canberra
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
Salary: $134K - $148K +up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in conjunction with demonstrated achievement in a senior advisory, leadership, management, business or senior project management role.
- Demonstrated planning, financial, project management, change management skills and experience at the level of a national business unit of comparable size and scale to the Data61.
- Strong program management capability.
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and strategically and to anticipate and manage problems in ambiguous situations.
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
We solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. Find out more!
CSIRO’s Data61 business unit is the largest data innovation group in Australia, bringing together approximately 600 research and development staff working in digital technologies to create benefit for Australia. Data61 develops Australia's future leaders with its strong 300+ PhD student program in collaboration with our best universities across Australia. Find out more!
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter demonstrating your suitability and motivation for the role.
21 April 2019