- Use your computer science/robotics background in this leadership role
- Contribute to innovative research in robotics and automated systems
- Join Data61, Australia's largest data innovation group
We are looking for an experienced engineering project/program manager passionate about field robotics to deliver meaningful projects with our industry and research partners. The ideal candidate has a passion for design & development, demonstrated knowledge of and experience in bringing complex systems to fruition, and the ability to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
This position will be mission critical for the DARPA SubT project and fill a critical role of program management within the multi-skilled and highly motivated group within CSIRO Data61. You will be rewarded by working with research scientists and engineers on world-leading research in the areas of robotics and automation.
Your duties will include
- Program management support for multiple projects including one large distributed project team with six sub-teams, each with their own technical leadership.
- Work closely with technical leads to develop team objectives, work plans, identify and manage risks, handle interdependencies between teams, track progress, drive issues to closure, report on key results, and seek assistance from outside the team when needed.
- Support an Agile development approach as appropriate for assigned sub-teams. This may include developing and managing tasks, managing backlogs, planning sprints, coordinating sprint demos, leading retrospectives and possibly fulfilling the role of a ScrumMaster.
- Plan, facilitate and follow-up on various peer and cross-team meetings as needed.
Location: Pullenvale, QLD
Salary: AU $111,663 to AU $130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years of experience working as a program/project manager, ideally with dispersed teams.
- Excellent organisational, written & verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of successful leadership roles in engineering.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Open until filled