- Apply your expertise in computer science/software engineering.
- Lead strategic and industry research projects to tackle the major challenges in software architecture
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia.
In this prestigious position as a Principal Research Scientist you will be part of Data61’s’ Architecture & Analytics Platform team, and tackle the major challenges in software architecture, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies, data analytics, computing infrastructure, business process management, and dependability. You will lead individual research efforts and contribute to the acquisition and execution of external projects.
Your role will be to provide scientific leadership; to play a lead role in securing project funds; and to develop and pursue research agendas to investigate the use of novel ICT and mathematical systems, methodologies, techniques for the creation of models of real-life phenomena, in particular in the field of extended enterprise computing comprising both inter- and intra-enterprise interactions. The modelling is target to the creation of effective and efficient software able to provide conceptually sounds model of the domain at hand and able to comply with internal and external constraints.
Your duties will include
- Leading research projects, including the negotiation of resource requirements and pursue research to advance the state of the art in the broad fields of software architecture, software engineering and distributed systems.
- Producing high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in high quality international conferences and journals.
- Working effectively as the leader of a multi-disciplinary research team, to undertake independent scientific investigations and carry out associated tasks and contribute to management of the research group in coordination with other senior researchers.
Location: Sydney, NSW or Brisbane, QLD
Salary: $134K - $201K + up to 15.4% Superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as Computer Science / Engineering.
- An established research track record, including publications in peer reviewed, top-tier outlets.
- Solid technical expertise in some of the following specific research areas.
- Distributed ledgers in general or Blockchain technology in particular, and applications building on those technologies
- Business process management, including process mining, modelling, and execution
- Data analytics platforms
- Software Architecture and Engineering
- Enhancing dependability and security of computer systems.
- Demonstrated original contribution to science and/or engineering resulting in a significant influence on a field of research and/or its transfer to industry/community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
For more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO, we solve the greatest challenges using innovative science and technology.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
28 February 2019