As a start-up business inside one of Australia's largest retailers, WooliesX aims to bring the best of Woolworths to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital, eCommerce, Customer Loyalty and Financial Services businesses to transform the customer experience under one banner.
We are transforming and disrupting Woolworths and the market - we’re made up of great people with big ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and we want to be known for delivering exceptional customer experiences.
About the opportunity
Reporting into the General Manager of Strategy WooliesX, this role will be responsible for defining the strategy for one of Australia’s largest eCom businesses with exceptional growth. How customers shop food and everyday needs is currently being disrupted - do you want to be part of defining how?
Key responsibilities will include:
- Own and drive multiple key strategic initiatives concurrently that will deliver better customer experiences and business outcomes. Typically highly strategic, complex, and cross-functional projects that are run in an agile way
- Define the eCom and Fulfilment strategy in both annual and quarterly cycles, including new customer value propositions, how to scale our network, how to drive smarter growth, how to evolve our customer experiences etc.
- Lead a team of 3-5 highly motivated Senior Strategy Managers / Strategy Managers. Support them in problem-solving, ensure they deliver high-quality work on time, care for their development and make sure they have fun along the way
- Communicate the WooliesX eCom and Fulfilment strategy, priorities and business performance to Executive stakeholders and Woolworths Board on a regular basis
- Identify 2nd / 3rd horizon opportunities of growth to disrupt the market, incl. suitable M&A opportunities
- Drive competitive intelligence in eCom, monitor global players and predict future trends
- You will work closely with the WooliesX leadership team, the eCom team and our value delivery team
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and challenging environment, is resourceful and independent, and understands the big picture. Drawing on your strategic mindset and critical thinking, you challenge the status quo and always aim for “better”.
You will have a background in top tier Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, or Investment Banking, ideally coupled with retail or platform experience, in total 7+ years of professional experience. In addition, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong problem solving skills with structured thinking and approach
- Customer first mindset, and passionate about retail, growth and innovation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver exceptional Executive-level presentations with a clear and concise story
- Strong interpersonal skills to build long-term relationships across the organisation and to influence stakeholders in the different projects
- A sound business and financial acumen, with focus on delivering great results
- Degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or Finance - ideally Master Degree or MBA
What’s in it for you
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are the core of everything we do. We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we’re all about creating better experiences - for our customers and for each other. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We’d love to hear from you
Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more!
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.