Specialist Registrar (Planning) x2 - [Archived Advertisement]
Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Specialist Registrar (Planning) x2, Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) VT0237 & VT0238
Work in a small team of experienced planners and lawyers to support the Head of Division and Members by actively case managing matters in the Planning and Environment Division.
VCAT is Australia's busiest Tribunal and serves the community by resolving civil and administrative disputes and making decisions in human rights and guardianship cases. VCAT considers a diverse range of Victorian disputes, from residential tenancy matters to complex building and property and human rights matters. VCAT's work has a deep reach into the Victorian community and a direct impact on the economy, in particular in planning, property, health and small business.
The Specialist Registrar (Planning) will work as part of the new Specialist Case Management Team (SCMT) in the Planning and Environment Division (PED) The SCMT is a small team of experienced planners and lawyers tasked with establishing active case management in PED. The SCMT aims to embed practices that support the efficient flow of cases to hearing and resolution. The Specialist Registrar (Planning) will manage applications through a case's lifecycle, ensuring adherence to processes and actively managing and removing barriers to resolution.
The Specialist Registrar (Planning) will work collaboratively with the Planning and Environment Head of Division to transition responsibility for administrative and procedural activities from Members to the SCMT. They will also work closely with the Division's expert planning and environment Members on a broad range of, and often high profile, planning matters.
Do you have:
- High level expertise and sound knowledge of the Victorian statutory planning system, the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Environment Protection Act 2017 and associated regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the processes and procedures of the Planning and Environment Division at VCAT.
- For planners, at least 7 years' experience working in senior roles in the Victorian Planning system, with specific expertise in statutory panning.
- For lawyers, at least 4 years' experience working in a relevant legal role.
- Experience managing VCAT planning applications.
Experience as a planner or lawyer at a municipal Council or Department would be highly desirable. These roles will be available both as fixed term and as a secondment from within the VPS or local government.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 30/06/2022.
- Closing Date:
- 30 Jun 2022
- VIC - Melbourne
- $127,467 - $170,579
- Work Type: