Manager Operations - [Archived Advertisement]
The Barossa Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- High profile food, wine and tourism destination
- Senior position within Works and Engineering Services
The Barossa Council is located approximately 70km north east of Adelaide, servicing a population of around 23,000 people. With 160 employees, The Barossa Council is committed to enhancing the premium wine, food and tourism region and its unique lifestyle, heritage and community spirit.
Reporting to the Director Works and Engineering Services, this key leadership position will see you provide effective management and leadership of the Operations Team to achieve the efficient and timely implementation of Council’s capital works and maintenance program including design, financial management, asset management and construction.
To be successful in this role you will offer:
- Tertiary qualification in a related technical field;
- Highly developed leadership skills, with the ability to develop and sustain a team environment which supports achievement and cooperation;
- The ability to prepare annual capital works and longer term infrastructure plans;
- Demonstrated experience implementing capital works and construction programs, ensuring efficient and cost effective delivery of services on time and within budget;
- Proven financial management skills and budgetary control skills;
- Sound project management and work scheduling ability; and
- The ability to undertake project design, development and scoping.
This position offers the opportunity to join a progressive organisation that values constructive leadership, continuous improvement and self-development. Local Government experience is desirable as is the ability to apply integrated and innovative practices. This position is offered at General Officer Level 8, in accordance with The Barossa Council Enterprise Agreement 2016, on a fixed term contract basis for a minimum of three years.
For further information and a copy of the position description, please refer to www.barossa.sa.gov.au or contact Human Resources on (08) 8563 8444. To apply please forward your application addressing the position requirements to The Barossa Council via email@example.com or via our website.
Applications close 5pm 11 May 2018
The Barossa Council is committed to EEO principles, a constructive culture, workplace diversity and professional development.
- Closing Date:
- 11 May 2018
- SA - Nuriootpa
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Capital Works & Infrastructure