Program Manager, Xylella - Wine Australia - [Archived Advertisement]
Rimfire Resources (View other jobs from this organisation)
Program Manager, Xylella - Wine Australia
- Wine Australia & Hort Innovation collaboration
- Plant biosecurity
- Location Flexible
Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
Xylella is spreading around the world and is number one on Australia’s list of exotic and unwanted plant pests. Australia is free from this devastating disease but, if it established itself in Australia, it has the potential to cripple the Australian horticultural and wine grape industries.
Wine Australia and Hort Innovation, along with Plant Biosecurity Research Initiative (PBRI), have partnered to establish a program to coordinate Xylella research, development and extension.
As Program Manager Xylella, you will:
- Establish and facilitate a national Xylella steering committee, including industry and government representatives, to provide oversight to the national priorities for Xylella preparedness
- Coordinate RD&E for maximum benefit and preparedness for vulnerable industries, ensuring the program is performing to agreed milestones
- Connect Xylella researchers to industry, state and Commonwealth Government agencies through field days, symposia, workshops etc.
- Support the Commonwealth delivery of the national Xylella work plan
- Develop and maintain international linkages, including partnerships for long-term Xylella management strategies
- Strengthen Xylella awareness through regular communication with stakeholders, working closely with industry groups, growers and service providers to ensure effective communication.
This crucial role will require the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science, for example, plant, soil, entomology, horticulture, biochemistry or a related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in managing or undertaking biosecurity projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of the wine, horticulture or agricultural sectors
- A proven strategic thinker with an ability to identify and articulate clear insights for complex issues
- A commercial mindset with the ability to sustain focus on conflicting priorities and deliver business priorities on deadline with consistent quality
- An ability to engage and influence key stakeholders with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A flexible, resourceful self-starter who takes initiative, along with strong interpersonal skills, is collegial, has high energy and enjoys working in a team.
The Program Manager will report to Wine Australia’s General Manager RD&E based in Adelaide. While Adelaide would be a preferred location, other locations such as Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane will be considered, with the understanding that there will be regular travel.
To enquire please phone Mick Hay or Sharon Moloney on 1300 380 701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au
Email: Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
|Ph: 07 3878 3411||Level 4, 80 Stamford Road|
|Fax: 07 3878 3422||(PO Box 501) Indooroopilly Qld 4068|
VIC - Adelaide
QLD - Adelaide
NSW - Adelaide
SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time