Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About the Role
We’re a diverse bunch and we authentically celebrate this at Coles Group. Our People & Culture team work hard to create an inclusive workplace driven by support and empowerment. Working across our Centres of Excellence, P&C Central and Business Partnering, we focus on bringing out the best in our people, making their lives easier through better experiences, helpful tools, innovative tech and ongoing career opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
As the Head of P&C - Liquor and Express you'll have strong Corporate and Commercial business partnering team experience and be responsible for partnering with Leaders across the Liquor & Express teams within Coles. The P&C partnering function is responsible for defining and delivering strategic people plans and initiatives to drive performance and engagement outcomes and aligned to business strategic objectives.
The Head of P&C - Liquor and Express role is responsible for leading a partnering team to:
Good things you’ll need
- Develop a people plan aligned to P&C Strategy and business objectives
- Workforce plan and capability requirements
- Define requirements for people initiatives including diversity, engagement, capability and reward
- Provide change management to business projects impacting roles including tech & process change, commercial projects
- Identify and define organisational design improvements
- Partner with P&C Centre of Excellence (COE) in design & delivery of people initiatives
- Partner business leaders on annual people cycle
- Lead talent, succession & capability planning to support the talent pipeline for critical roles
- Define job architecture, capability & learnings requirements for job families within remit
- Facilitate recognition programs and diversity plans
- Review people metrics and action
- Proven & demonstrated experience in a P&C business partnering or centre of excellence role
- Strong commercial and business acumen demonstrated through alignment of people program and outcomes
- Experience in defining and developing enterprise wide people initiatives from concept to delivery Deep knowledge and experience of P&C practices, systems and methodologies
- Experience partnering with P&C Centres of Excellence (COEs) to delivery people programs
- Tertiary qualified in Human Resources or related discipline
- Learning agility, adaptability, can-do attitude, working within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong and effective teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve goals
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at email@example.com.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.