Good things start here
This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About the role
Above all, we value the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. Our Safety team is committed to driving this culture right across the business. Through raising awareness and support, and guiding each other on best practices, we’re building a happier, safer and more energised workplace every day.
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Corporate Safety to join our team.
What you’ll be doing
As the Head of Corporate Safety, you’ll be responsible for developing the strategic safety plan for the Coles Group including Supermarkets, Coles Online, Coles Services and Retail Ready Operations Australia (RROA), as well as Chef Fresh facilities. You’ll partner closely with leaders across the organisation to identify key risks and implement safety improvement initiatives and programs aimed at improving safety culture and performance.
Other ways you can make an impact:
- partner closely with Head Office Business Units to implement safety improvement initiatives and programs
- build and lead a high performing national safety team, including health and wellbeing, to ensure national consistency and delivery against targets set with clear succession planning
- ensure business reputation is protected and Coles maintains its self-insurance licences across all States and Territories
- build effective relationships with safety regulators nationally to position Coles in the marketplace as a leader in retail safety
Good things you’ll need
- tertiary qualification in WHS / risk management in addition to several years’ experience in a senior safety management role reporting to Executive / Board level
- formal OHS and Quality Systems auditing accreditation combined with several years’ experience operating within a self-insured business
- extensive experience in driving organisational wide change management programs
- the ability to integrate the safety agenda into broader business objectives in a fast-paced environment
- a track record of delivering measurable performance improvement in critical risk management, TRIFR, workers compensation and reputation with regulators
- comprehensive knowledge of NAT3 / safety management systems and relevant state legislation, as well as key risk management
- a natural ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide group of key stakeholders, as well and internal and external customers from executive to store level
- strategic thinking and project management experience with an eye for continuous improvement
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at email@example.com.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.