- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Senior Executive Officer position
- Full time permanent role
- Job Ref: 18058
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a dynamic and engaging leader with strong risk management expertise to lead the Integrity, Risk and Resilience Team within our Corporate Governance Branch. You will manage the delivery of Council's Enterprise Risk Management Framework, providing strategic expertise to develop Council's risk culture with the support of a multi-disciplinary team. You will manage the audit function, incorporating the coordination of the Audit and Risk Management Committee, contract management of the internal audit contract and leadership of integrity audits to provide assurance to Council's activities.
You will bring demonstrated experience in leading enterprise risk management, strategic risk management, ensuring responsibilities are understood whilst developing the capability of others to drive a positive risk culture. Your management skills will ensure a high standard of delivery to meet organisational requirements and obligations and your leadership will inspire accountability.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Knowledge of industry and professional standards, frameworks and tools to support risk management and audit/compliance;
- A relevant tertiary qualification and leadership experience in a public sector or commercial environment or substantial experience in a public sector or commercial environment at a senior level;
- Experience in developing and producing a high standard of reporting and analysis for key stakeholders including Audit and Risk Management Committee, and the Executive Team;
- Leading a contemporary, integrated organisational approach to risk management, Business Continuity planning and internal audit across Council;
- Demonstrated experience in running and facilitating internal committees and workshops;
- Experience in building intra-organisational relationships and operating within a complex political and social environment;
- Ability to build connections with State and Federal departments and agencies, other peak bodies and commercial organisations.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Supportive working culture
- Salary sacrifice options
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jodie Watson on 9240 2387.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 20 October 2019. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 30 October 2019 at Coburg Civic Centre.
Please refer to section 2.2 of the position description to address the Key Selection Criteria.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.