- Do you enjoy a role where no two days are the same?
- Can you lead economic growth and business development?
- Are you an innovator with a passion for event planning, website development, communications and engagement?
- Come and join our fun, dynamic, small team doing big things with and for our business community!
We have an exciting temporary Economic Development Officer position vacant due to an internal secondment. In this role you will develop and implement sustainable economic development initiatives that support and strengthen the local economy.
You will be responsible delivering a number of initiatives, including business events, digital communications, supporting to trader associations, oversight of shopping centres’ special rate and charge schemes and taking an active role in delivering Council’s place making initiatives.
- Your role will be responsible for project management across a number of initiatives within the Economic Development Plan 2015- 2020 including delivering business events, digital communications, place making initiatives and providing support to key priority sectors including retail, industrial and home based business.
- Develop and manage content for our Banyule Business website and social media channels
- Oversee the governance of our shopping centre special rate and charge schemes relating to quarterly instalments and supporting trader association marketing, promotion and events.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A tertiary qualification or relevant experience in an economic development, event management or marketing role.
- Demonstrated understanding of economic development and place making approaches.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Trader Associations and skills in effectively influencing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with the capacity to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise one’s own work.
- Experience in the preparation of articles for publication, reports, research and/or analysis
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to actively contribute to a team.
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
- $84,325.51 to $92,220.59
- Monthly RDO
- Temporary full time 3 February 2020 to 1 January 2021
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Walking distance to Greensborough train station
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Erica Hardie Economic Development Coordinator on 9457 9865 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Friday 17 January 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.