- Utilise your extensive professional and leadership experience
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- 2x Continuing full-time opportunities and remuneration package $144K p.a including leave loading and up to 17% superannuation
About the opportunity?
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for Managers, Global Health Initiatives to join the Office for Global Health, Faculty Strategy and Partnerships Unit based at the Camperdown Campus.
Under the broad direction of the Associate Director, Office for Global Health, some of your responsibilities are listed below:
- ensure an effective international perspective and input is captured in major initiatives of the Faculty and works to identify strategies for growth in international activities
- responsible for the translation of University and Faculty strategic objectives into programs of strategic international engagement with the aim of internationalising the research and student experience
- undertake research and planning, as well as build and maintain extensive international networks that support the Faculty and its academics to connect with international opportunities that advance its research and teaching endeavours
- required to develop and embed governance and reporting frameworks that monitor implementation, progress and delivery of international projects ensuring suitable project management frameworks are in place.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for Managers, Global Health Initiatives who possesses the below experience:
- demonstrated experience in working to internationalise a University, Faculty or Department and knowledge of current issues in international Higher Education as they apply to a University’s international relations.
- demonstrated ability to conceptualise and design complex international programs of engagement and projects including the identification of suitable funding sources and submission of applications for them, inclusive of operational and compliance risks relatives to University policy and principles.
- proven ability in establishing, maintaining and growing successful international relationships, networks and memberships related to global health and higher education sectors.
- proven representational and negotiation skills including the ability to negotiate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders with entrepreneurial spirit and commercial pragmatism.
For more information on the Faculty of Medicine and Health, please click on https://intranet.sydney.edu.au/medicine-and-health.html
Intending applicants are welcome to seek further information about the position from email@example.com
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the position description for further details.
Job Reference No. 2001/0919C
Closing date: 11:30pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.