Head of Boarding - [Archived Advertisement]
Haileybury (View other jobs from this organisation)
Head of Boarding
- Be part of a truly unique world
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Part of the Haileybury family of schools
Haileybury Rendall School is part of the Haileybury Community. The School is acclaimed for its outstanding academic achievements, strong social justice program and international engagement. Further information on Haileybury Rendall School is available at www.haileyburyrendall.com.au
Haileybury Rendall School is seeking a new Head of Boarding. This is a fulltime permanent position commencing Term 2 2021 or earlier by mutual agreement. The successful applicant will be a member of the School Executive.
The Boarding Program currently primarily provides care and accommodation to male and female aboriginal secondary students attending Haileybury Rendall School from remote communities. It also accommodates some non-indigenous students. During 2021 it is likely that a brand new 60 bed boarding house will be added with a focus on international students to open in 2022. Boarding is the residential component of the School and has a special emphasis on supporting diversity and developing cross-cultural and social learning. The aim of Haileybury Rendall School Boarding is to provide a supportive educational and living environment to all students. The Boarding facility connects fully with all other aspects of the outstanding holistic education that the School provides.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership ability and understanding of boarding context
- Ability to work with autonomy either independently or as a member of a team
- A commitment to excellence in all aspects of boarding operations
- Proven high levels of communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to foster the support and cooperation of a wide range of people, constructively manage conflict and deliver expert advice and reports
- Strong skills in organisation and management
- Ability to supervise and manage the performance of a diverse range of staff
- Experience in student behaviour management and providing leadership and counselling to students, ideally including Aboriginal adolescents
- Eligibility to obtain an NT Ochre Card and gain teacher registration with the TRB ( NT)
Applications will be assessed on submission.
Haileybury is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
- Closing Date:
- 07 Feb 2021
- NT - Darwin
- Work Type:
- Full Time