The Program Manager will be responsible for the design and implementation of a portfolio of programs that contribute to the delivery of WorkSafe’s Strategy. Sitting within the Insights and Innovation Business Unit, this role is expected to identify innovative ways to solve complex problems, and show leadership in supporting other parts of the organisation to adopt new approaches to achieving WorkSafe’s objectives.
Working collaboratively, the Prevention Strategy division designs and delivers high priority strategic programs aimed at preventing injury, illness and fatalities in Victorian workplaces. More specifically you will:
- Use a strategic approach to the development of the portfolio of programs you manage in collaboration with the team, key internal business partners, external stakeholders and experts
- Develop methods to evaluate the impact of initiatives, and make recommendations on future program direction based on progress
- Provide effective leadership to, and manage teams under a flexible resource model to deliver priority prevention programs
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are a Manager with experience leading teams to deliver complex behaviour change programs. You possess the ability to collaborate, influence the thinking and actions of others, and to facilitate diverse groups. You have experience fostering a culture of innovation through the use of a range of problem solving methodologies and have an ability to lead the team in planning and goal setting to ensure delivery of high priority programs.
You are comfortable amidst ambiguity, and possess significant experience supporting team members during times of significant change. You will also have:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative programs in a health or health and safety environment.
- An understanding of the legal, policy and operational environment in which WorkSafe Victoria operates, and are able to develop initiatives, supported by research, analysis and a business case justifying the initiative.
- Significant experience in leading and managing a team in a complex environment
- Proven ability in strategic analysis and evaluation.
- Under-graduate Degree in either Health, Human Sciences or other relevant field
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Thursday 9 July. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Jessica Richardson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to the wellbeing of Victorian workers, WorkSafe are going through an exciting period of transformation through the implementation of our WorkSafe 2030 strategy. We're actively seeking individuals who embody our values and can bring Best Practice thinking and innovation to our organisation.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.