At CommBank, we never lose sight of the role we play in other people’s financial wellbeing. Our focus is to help people and businesses move forward, to progress. To make the right financial decisions and achieve their dreams, targets and aspirations.
Each of us globally is dedicated to offering outstanding service, excellent advice and intuitive solutions to help our customers manage their finances in the ways they want to.
Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your initiative, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things.
The Community and Customer Vulnerability function focuses on identifying and responding to the needs of our most vulnerable customers. The team provides immediate, short term extra care and concierge support to customers in acute circumstances and also brings together a number of our community-facing areas, including accessibility and inclusion, community liaison, and multicultural community banking.
Reporting to the EGM Customer and Community Advocacy, you will lead an operational centre of excellence for the customer-facing function while also providing strategic leadership and expert advice on matters relating to community and vulnerability. You are the CBA’s ‘go to’ person for matters involving community and customer vulnerability.
- Inspire, lead and develop team members to continue to provide direct assistance to customers in vulnerable circumstances to deliver customer service excellence.
- Lead the fulfilment of CBA’s vulnerable customer and community strategy.
- Model fair, ethical and compassionate practice while fostering deep relationships with the communities that the CBA serves.
- Lead CBA’s engagement with key external stakeholders (consumer advocates, community groups, government, regulators, and service providers) and create a sustainable and respectful two-way learning loop.
- Lead change programs and initiatives, always mindful of compliance and risk.
- Oversee our multicultural community banking function which fosters social harmony and financial inclusion, and lead the CBA’s accessibility and inclusion function.
What will help you succeed?
- Proven experience in managing community functions and expert knowledge of customer and community expectations.
- Ability to foster and utilise effective internal and external relationships with a history of successful collaboration with broad and diverse stakeholders.
- Established record for building a positive and high-performance team culture through effective talent and performance management skills and ability to create a vision and build shared purpose.
- Demonstrated deep commitment to fairness, transparency and ethical behaviour with a proven track record as a 'change agent' in supporting transformational activities and identifying better ways to serve customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and resilience to maintain composure in a high intensity environment.
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We’re determined to make a real difference for Australia’s first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
I understand that by clicking APPLY and submitting my resume all information I provide in this application will be collected, used and stored for the purpose of assessing my suitability for employment within the Commonwealth Bank Group both for this position and any other position within the Group. I consent to the use and disclosure of this information by any member of the Group, including disclosure and use by third party service providers both in Australia and overseas that may be engaged by the Group from time to time to provide services relating to recruitment. For more information on how the Group handles personal information please see www.commbank.com.au/support/security