Corporate Financial Services
As a Corporate Banker with a track record of success, you will be focused on growing new quality profitable business with a focus on clients with turnover >$50m and lending requirements up to $300m. Managing a small portfolio of high value mid-market clients with revenue footings typically $6m to $10m, you will be driven by developing new business opportunities with existing clients, as well as acquiring new clients to the Bank using a variety sources including your established referral networks.
More specifically, you will:
- develop and maintain an in depth understanding of complex client needs and enlist the involvement of product specialists to deliver a broad range of financial solutions;
- provide excellent client service;
- actively pursue the identification of opportunities to assist clients meet their financial needs and goals, and to drive new profitable business;
- drive effective deal execution with your proven skills in originating, structuring and negotiating complex solutions;
- proactively manage actual results against agreed plans;
- provide coaching and leadership within the business; and
- continue to build a profile and presence on behalf of the Commonwealth Bank in Corporate Banking in the region.
To help us deliver a better future for Corporate Financial Services, you will have:
- a passion for delivering exceptional client service and driving new business;
- experience successfully managing a portfolio of Corporate Banking clients, with proven business origination outcomes and extensive knowledge of Banking products and services;
- a strong understanding of complex businesses, risk, financials and strategy;
- corporate / leveraged finance experience would be an advantage;
- the ability to build strong relationships and advocacy with clients to grow revenue as well as originate new to bank transactions;
- self-motivation, with a CAN do attitude, be analytically & strategically minded and have an ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- demonstrated leadership ability, with a strong risk management focus and goal orientation; and
- ambition, strong presentation, negotiation, communication and relationship management skills
A tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be desirable.
This is an outstanding opportunity to continue to build your brand and your career in a growing and successful business.
See yourself in our team
Corporate Financial Services (CFS) is part of the Business and Private Banking (B&PB) business unit of the Commonwealth Bank. The CFS team serves over 10,000 clients in the medium to large business segment, typically with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m. The division is well placed to provide medium and large companies with access to a wide range of financial services with approximately 750 professionals in approx. 35 locations across Australia.
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 20th September but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.