Can you help us lead businesses to tomorrow?
To further our commitment to understanding our clients, and delivering insights and innovative solutions, to drive sustainable business growth, we are investing in the expansion of our Corporate Financial Services (CFS) business.
About the business
Corporate Financial Services (CFS) is part of the Business and Private Banking (B&PB) business unit of the Commonwealth Bank. The CFS team serves over 10,000 clients in the medium to large business segment, typically with complex financial needs and turnover >$10m. The division is well placed to provide medium and large companies with access to a wide range of financial services with approximately 750 professionals in approx. 35 locations across Australia.
About the role
As a Banker with a track record of success managing a portfolio of Corporate Banking clients, you will be focused on growing new quality profitable business. From a Dandenong base, you will be driven by developing new business opportunities with existing clients, as well as acquiring new clients to the Bank identified from a variety of sources including your referral networks.
More specifically, you will:
- develop and maintain an in depth understanding of complex client needs and enlist the involvement of product specialists to deliver a broad range of financial solutions;
- provide excellent client service;
- actively pursue the identification of opportunities to assist clients meet their financial needs and goals, and to drive new profitable business;
- drive effective deal execution with your proven skills in originating, structuring and negotiating complex solutions;
- proactively manage actual results against agreed plans;
- provide coaching and leadership within the business; and
- continue to build a profile and presence on behalf of the Commonwealth Bank in Corporate Banking in the region.
To help us deliver a better future for Corporate Financial Services, you will have:
- a passion for delivering exceptional client service and driving new business;
- experience successfully managing a portfolio of Corporate Banking clients, with proven business origination outcomes and extensive knowledge of Banking products and services; or
- proven and successful Analyst experience in Corporate Banking, ready to step up your career into a Relationship Management role;
- self-motivation, with a CAN do attitude, be analytically & strategically minded and have an ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- demonstrated leadership ability, with a strong risk management focus and goal orientation; and
- ambition, strong presentation, negotiation, communication and relationship management skills; and
- a tertiary qualification in Business/Finance and/or Commerce would be desirable.
This is an outstanding opportunity to continue to build your brand and your career in a growing and successful business.
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
We value you and won't leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 28 May, so expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.