AV currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Windows and End User Systems Administrator to join our team in the Transformation and Strategy Division's ICT Governance. This is a full-time, fixed term role until June 2021. The position is located at our Blackburn North business centre, however the successful candidate will work from home for the foreseeable future.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager ICT Operations, the Senior Windows and End User Systems Administrator will provide specialist ICT security advice, analysis, design, installation, and server infrastructure securing the AV datacenters and server infrastructure to ensure operational functioning, and cyber safety risk reduction across AV services.
This role requires you to be available outside of ordinary working hours to provide advice, support or authoritative direction to other employees or managers involved in dealing with emergency or time critical incidents or issues.
As a Senior Windows and End User Systems Administrator, your responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, present and manage architect security and infrastructure solutions, serve rand cloud based services that are highly available, with design redundant solutions, strategies and roadmaps for the ongoing improvement, efficiency and simplification of Ambulance Victoria's security and infrastructure.
- Providing technical leadership in ICT integration, delivery and version control to provide a stable platform for more effective and automated deployments.
- Delivering technical leadership in automation and repeatability to ensure AV can deploy and maintain quality.
- Produce useable artefacts to maintain organisation knowledge and continuous improvement.
- Maintain awareness of and compliance with ICT standards, ICT security and change management policies and guidelines, adopted ITIL processes to continuously improve standards of service and adherence to organisational requirements.
- Audit infrastructure software licenses and provide comparisons to current AV installations, architecture and implementation of imaging for servers and clients for repeatable, automated and scalable installation of enterprise infrastructure and IT.
You are a Senior Windows and End User Systems Administrator subject matter expert, this role will suit you if you are able to display the following qualifications and experience;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineering qualification and/or a tertiary qualification in business, technology, computing or equivalent field, ITIL v3 foundation certification.
- Strong experience in Administration and support of Microsoft Server environments and ICT systems management
- Administration expertise with Firewalls, Networks, Hypervisors, Compute hosting, Storage, Backup and Recovery and End User Computing
- Demonstrated experience triaging troubleshooting complex ICT Security or infrastructure related issues
- Experience with delivery, securing and managing new services in MS Office 365, MS Azure Cloud and Citrix
- Demonstrated experience in Active Directory design and administration as well as Group Policy design and administration
- Detailed knowledge of Enterprise infrastructure including storage area networks SAN (Hitachi, EMC), Network attached storage (NAS)
- Proven ability to manage the secure state of ICT systems, including the identification and remediation of risks, demonstrating skills and achievements in exchange migration projects including management and execution of migrating mail archive files to a central mail store.
If you are a problem solving ICT specialist and can provide suitable ICT solutions and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
What's in it for you?
Salary packaging and other benefits are available, including free parking. Ambulance Victoria offers fair employment and career opportunities. Aiming to attract a diverse pool of applicants, AV focuses on the genuine and essential requirements of the job and being consistent and fair in the treatment of applicants.
This position is graded at AV6. The salary range for an AV6 position is $144,341 - $165,712 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' on our careers page. For any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 03 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
• A covering letter
• A resume
• A document addressing qualifications and experience required from the ‘About You' section listed above.
We request that your application for the Senior Windows and End User Systems Administrator position is forwarded by Sunday 11pm 13th December 2020 by clicking on ‘apply online'.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"