Ambulance Victoria's (AV's) workforce planning team is responsible for analysing, forecasting and planning workforce supply, assessing gaps, and determining target talent management interventions to ensure AV has the right number of people, with the right skills in order to efficiently achieve its strategic objectives.
An exciting opportunity now exists for a permanent, full time Lead, Workforce Planning, who can strategically forecast organisational capabilities and lead an organisation-wide workforce planning function, as well as develop innovative HR policies and projects aimed at building capability in line with AV's strategy. Responsible for the alignment of the AV Strategic Plan with the workforce, the role plays an integral part in the long-term forecasting requirements for recruitment, deployment and retention strategies for our operational workforce in particular.
Though normally based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, at present, the role will be undertaken on a work from home basis, following current advice from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Workforce Planning, the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Developing a strategic workforce plan including strategic analysis, forecasting, risk analysis and strategy development
- Designing an appropriate workforce planning process within integrated planning requirements of Ambulance Victoria
- Translating the workforce strategy into robust, practical plans which cover attraction and retention
- Overseeing and managing the development of best practice people polices, systems and processes aligned to the strategic plan, ensuring consistent application and implementation across the organisation
- Evaluating the implementation of the strategic plan by tracking change and analysing its impact on the organisation and implementing recommended improvements
- Providing advice on the organisational structure and apply effective organisation design principals and change initiatives to ensure optimal performance
With a tertiary qualification in HR or related discipline, the ideal candidate will possess significant demonstrated experience in workforce planning and workforce data analytics, as well as substantial experience in the design, development and implementation of policy developments, in a large, complex organisation.
Armed with demonstrably strong communication skills and an exceptional ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders across the business, the successful candidate will be a leader whose drive for continuous improvement drives successful insights and results.
Please note, applicants may be subject to pre-employment checks, including a Police Check.
What's in it for you?
Salary packaging and other benefits are available, including ADOs for full time staff. Ambulance Victoria offers fair employment and career opportunities. Aiming to attract a diverse pool of applicants, AV focuses on the genuine and essential requirements of the job and being consistent and fair in the treatment of applicants.
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV6. The AV grade salary range for an AV6 position and the salary on offer is $140,820 to $161,670 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, or for any queries, please contact Ambulance Victoria's Recruitment and Selection team via email: email@example.com or by phoning: 03 9840 3653.
To be considered for the role, applicants should read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria', prior to submitting the following documents, which will form part of the selection process:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing the key selection criteria (as detailed in the attached position description)
All applications for the Lead, Workforce Planning position must be submitted via the Ambulance Victoria Careers Centre website: https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au by 5pm, Monday 10 August 2020.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"