City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CITY PROJECTS & PROPERTY
Unit: INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY
Section: INFRASTRUCTURE DELIVERY
Salary: AUD $165,042 - $185,303 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 – developing a green, global and connected city.
Contribute to the future of Sydney
The City of Sydney has a global reputation for delivering award winning facilities, protecting and enhancing open space, promoting design excellence, delivering new transport options and championing sustainability. With a focus and commitment to deliver a Green, Global and Connected City there is an opportunity to join the City of Sydney and contribute to a Sustainable Sydney 2030.
The City Projects and Property Division designs and constructs public buildings, infrastructure, parks, streetscapes and public domain. Projects cover a wide and varied spectrum including open space and facility strategies, major urban parks, plazas, streetscapes, cycle ways, sport facilities and playgrounds. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Delivery Manager to join our team.
In this exciting role you will be located in the CBD and be responsible for:
- Monitoring and tracking the progress and status of each project.
- Coaching and supporting Project Managers to grow delivery capability and technical excellence within the City Projects and Property Division.
- Actively seeking opportunities to apply best practice in delivery from project management, technical and business perspectives.
To be successful you must have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Building or a related discipline
- Significant demonstrated experience in managing a diverse range of projects with a strong understanding of contract and commercial principles. Including sound commercial awareness and track record in driving multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects and sound understanding of the typical risks to efficient and effective delivery of projects.
To apply: Click on 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
This role will require a National Criminal Background check and a Pre-employment Health Declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City’s website by 11:59pm, Sunday 07 June 2020.
For further information contact: Jason Green, Manager, Executive Manager Infrastructure, Infrastructure Delivery on 02 9246 7564.
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Closing Date:
- 07 Jun 2020
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD $165,042 - $185,303 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time