Chief Financial Officer (Commercial/Operations) - [Archived Advertisement]
Spiral Foods Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (COMMERCIAL / OPERATIONS)
Spiral Foods is Australia’s leading supplier and distributor of quality foods and beverages including organic and natural products, with brands and reputation that is second to none in the marketplace. We are now in our 4th decade and our diverse range of products are found nationally in Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Japan, and US. We are financially robust and continue to grow as our products increase in popularity and market share.
You will enjoy making a difference within a dedicated, future focused, 40-strong team who believe in what we do and continue our journey of success. Reporting to and working closely alongside the owner/CEO and collaboratively with the senior leadership team, you will bring your strong commercial finance and business operations experience to grow the business further. You will have day to day responsibility of finance, co-sec, purchasing, supply chain, operations, customer services, legal, HR, and IT. With 6 locations in Australia and presence in Japan and Vietnam, your role will be varied, hands on and a key part of the success of the business.
Under your leadership, the team will continue to grow and develop, upgrading and improving business systems, processes, and information. You will be focussed on delivering strong financial support, optimising operating rhythm and executing business plans.
Your responsibilities include:
- Commercial finance
- Oversee A/P, A/R, Inventory control
- Landed costing and production costs (BOM) setup and review
- Pricing for branded distribution and bespoke private label tenders (domestic sales and exports across all channels)
- Inter-company transfer pricing setting and reviewing
- All commercial contracts negotiation
- Regular financial modelling, planning, forecasting, and performance reporting
- Contract management
- Negotiating commercial contracts with service providers (such as 3PL and IT)
- Negotiating commercial contracts with customers including overseas distributors, domestic retailers, and distributors
- Review and negotiate all manufacturing agreements
- Oversee purchasing function
- With a strong focus on sales forecast that drives production, ingredient and packaging sourcing, and inventory optimisation
- Customer Service
- Performance management of customer service teams and implement systems and processes to ensure all customer orders are executed on time accurately
- Proactively solving resourcing issues
- Company Secretary duty coordination for Spiral Vietnam and Spiral Japan
- Design and implement the appropriate financial system structures to support company growth (SAP Business One)
- Contact point for outsourced IT services
- Direct management of finance, purchasing, logistics, customer services and operations teams
- Management of in-house recruitment of above functions
- Be the mentor and escalation point for all Spiral staff
- Contact point for all legal issues
- Communicating clearly, engagingly, and effectively to build strong professional relationships within the team and all stakeholders
- Delivering and implementing innovative solutions with a strong customer service focus
- Working closely with the sales, manufacturing, and marketing to drive NPD
Your background may be from either:
- Food manufacturing
- Import/export (working knowledge)
- Or similar
Your skills and experience will include:
- Solid accounting background with CPA or CA qualifications
- Advanced Excel
- SAP (preferred)
- Advanced financial modelling and forecasting
- Ability to negotiate commercial contracts
- Working autonomously and as part of the team
- Infrequent domestic and overseas travel may be required.
- Well-honed stakeholder management, including negotiating, partnering, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to develop strong internal and external relationships
- Well-developed written and verbal skills with the ability to clearly communicate financial information as needed
- Process innovation and improvement focus
- Strong commercial, business, operational and numerical abilities with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent problem solving and analytical reasoning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where you thrive on opportunities and challenges
- Leadership skills in response to a rapidly changing environment, by establishing positive and professional relationships with colleagues and customers and responsive to changes in customer and stakeholder needs.
What we offer:
- You will have the ability to grow in the role and make it your own, while having a strong influence around commercial and business operations decisions.
- We are ambitious, we continue to grow, and our team are central to our journey. We will succeed because of our team’s diverse talent, determination, and collaborative spirit. It’s an exciting time to be part of our story.
- You will enjoy flexible working hours. Our office/warehouse is based in the Inner West at Leichhardt, with onsite parking.
For further information about Spiral Foods and its brands, see our website:
- NSW - Leichhardt
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Manufacturing & Operations