Business Operations Manager - Gympie District Landcare Group - [Archived Advertisement]
Gympie and District Landcare Group Incorporated (View other jobs from this organisation)
Business Operations Manager - Gympie District Landcare Group
Join our tightknit team aiming to inspire and support environmental regeneration in the Gympie region. The Gympie District Landcare Group (GDLG) is currently seeking the perfect person who is able to combine their passion for environmental work and community engagement with sound and invigorating business practices to help us reach our next stage of growth.
GDLG is a community-based ‘profit for purpose’ organisation based in Gympie. In keeping with our purpose of regenerating environment through community engagement, our business is currently focused on four key business areas:
- A first class regional native plant nursery;
- Cutting edge biological services for environmental and soil regeneration including raising bio-control insects;
- Environmental and conservation services for landowners and managers;
- Community education and fostering community-based environmental activities.
- Oversee the operations of the business, providing timely advice and direction to departmental managers on emerging issues as required.
- Research and identify funding opportunities including grants and philanthropic donations. Develop funding applications with input from department heads and Executive.
- Provide effective leadership and management of staff, working collaboratively and cooperatively with department heads and Executive to support the vision and purpose of Gympie Landcare.
- Manage the recruitment and performance management of staff in line with organisation policies.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including natural resource management groups (NRM), funding entities and government entities.
- Develop consolidated detailed company annual budgets and support department heads in development of their budgets.
- Manage the overall P&L for organisation ensuring effective expenditure controls. Perform regular financial analysis to ensure achievement of targets, take corrective actions where required.
- Provide Executive with timely and accurate reporting on financial and productivity achievements.
- Support customer-facing operations, including marketing, public relations, and sales.
This position will suit somebody with extensive experience managing an equivalent business or social enterprise and/or a formal qualification in business or operational management.
This role is a 38-hour a week opportunity with a salary package of $86,944 per annum (including superannuation), you will have a genuine passion for environmental and community outcomes and will be committed to making a difference within the community.
This is a rare opportunity for an environmentally and community minded business operations manager looking to make a real difference.
For more detail on the role, please check the role description.
GDLG encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disabilities.
For more information or to apply, please submit your CV a short cover letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 June 2022
- QLD - Gympie
- $86,944 (including superannuation)
- Work Type:
- Full Time
HR & Recruitment