Head of Program Delivery
Climateworks Centre (CWC) (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Executive leadership role of ambitious non-profit working on decarbonisation
- Pivotal position leading program delivery at a time of growth and expansion
- Enjoy a family-friendly, dynamic culture with industry-leading organization
Climateworks Centre, co-founded by The Myer Foundation and Monash University in 2009, has played a unique role in Australia’s, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific’s transition to a net-zero future. Operating within the Monash Sustainable Development Institute (MSDI), Climateworks bridges research and action and is a trusted advisor to powerful decision-makers across governments, business, and finance. Respected for its specialist analysis and engagement capabilities, Climateworks is seeking to drive system-level change in line with what is required to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees.
Climateworks convenes and facilitates relationships with influential decision-makers within an international network of organizations that supports effective policies, financing, and action for emissions reductions at scale. Climateworks provides tailored information and tools, to remove obstacles and help facilitate conditions that support the transition to a prosperous, net-zero emissions future.
Benefits and Culture
To achieve its mission Climateworks is scaling up – increasing its ambition and impact and so is growing its dynamic, committed team who celebrate each other’s contributions and enjoy a supportive work-life balance culture. Climateworks staff benefit from Monash University employee arrangements, a generous self-development budget, and an independent high calibre Board.
Reporting to the CEO, the head of program delivery oversees the seven system leads in the development and delivery of the Climateworks’ programs, ensuring excellence in the management of all programs in the Climateworks portfolio. You collaborate with the senior leadership team to manage the strategic direction of Climateworks, lead a high performing team, as well as collaborate internally, project manage and oversee program performance measurement.
You ensure that system leads apply expertise throughout the implementation of their programs across people, budget, and project management; working closely with expert teams across Climateworks you will ensure the team meet their reporting responsibilities. Other responsibilities include:
- Enhancing the impact, reputation, and financial sustainability of Climateworks Centre
- Ensuring delivery of Climateworks program outputs through optimum quality control mechanisms
- Leading a work environment of continuous review and improvement of business practices
- Supporting Climateworks’ innovation and shared learning and experimentation across programs
- Accountability for risk, compliance and quality assurance for the function/s managed
- Collaborating with Monash researchers and educators toward a low carbon economy
Skills & Experience Required
You have deep related senior-level climate program or consultancy experience within a complex management environment and a demonstrated understanding of the context Climateworks works in. You have direct experience with stakeholders in large business/finance, government or international development, or their influencers, to be able to support the types of projects Climateworks delivers. You are a natural coach and mentor with proven ability leading teams and providing strategic and operational advice at the highest levels. Additionally, you bring:
- Outstanding planning, organisational administrative and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: proven ability to innovate and champion new ideas and methodologies
- Leadership securing project funding from government, industry, corporate and philanthropics
- Demonstrated managerial excellence and success in a matrix or evolving management structure
- Proven ability to motivate and develop high-performance teams, a focus on empowering others
- Supportive professional relationship-building skills connecting as a respected peer and adviser
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to influence and build consensus at senior levels
If leading program delivery to work towards a zero-carbon future is important to you, and you can offer the skills and experience above, please apply ASAP by sending your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills and experience above to email@example.com quoting #1001591 or call Lois Freeke on 03 8080 8978.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
You must have an Australia working permit to apply for this position
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time