Head of Engagement and Partnerships
Climateworks Centre (CWC) (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Executive leadership role of ambitious non-profit working on decarbonisation
- Lead and expand Climateworks' South East Asia and Australia strategy
- Enjoy a family-friendly, dynamic culture with industry-leading organization
Climateworks Centre, co-founded by The Myer Foundation and Monash University in 2009, has played a unique role in Australia’s, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific’s transition to a net-zero future. Operating within the Monash Sustainable Development Institute (MSDI), Climateworks bridges research and action and is a trusted advisor to powerful decision-makers across governments, business, and finance. Respected for its specialist analysis and engagement capabilities, Climateworks is seeking to drive system-level change in line with what is required to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees.
Climateworks convenes and facilitates relationships with influential decision-makers within an international network of organizations that supports effective policies, financing, and action for emissions reductions at scale. Climateworks provides tailored information and tools, to remove obstacles and help facilitate conditions that support the transition to a prosperous, net-zero emissions future.
Benefits and Culture
To achieve its mission Climateworks is scaling up – increasing its ambition and impact and so is growing its dynamic, committed team who celebrate each other’s contributions and enjoy a supportive work-life balance culture. Climateworks staff benefit from Monash University employee arrangements, a generous self-development budget, and an independent high calibre Board.
Reporting to the CEO, this role leads the development of Climateworks Centre’s engagement and partnerships to enhance the impact and successful delivery of the organisation’s program goals, including international and in-country context and policy, and relationships.
The head of engagement and partnerships works with the executive leadership team to manage and deliver on the strategic plans and goals of Climateworks, representing the organisation globally, regionally, and in the media. Your team is responsible for understanding international and in-country context for the countries where Climateworks operates (currently Australia, Indonesia, and Southeast Asia), including advising on policy, identifying cross-country opportunities, and contributing to portfolio management. Together with the country leads, you guide program development in new initiatives and play an integral role in programs delivery via governance teams. In this key role you will also:
- Develop highâ€‘level relationships with an extensive network of decision-makers
- Lead the narrative for Climateworks on cross-cutting and national and international issues
- Develop contextual knowledge and identify intervention points of the region’s political economy
- Provide strategic leadership and engagement to drive support for program development
- Secure program funding in collaboration with program delivery teams, champion programs
- Enhance the impact, reputation, and financial sustainability of Climateworks Centre
- Actively promote the results of Climateworks to build Climateworks’ reputation and influence
- Visibly model Climateworks’ leadership values and behaviours
You have extensive related business development and management expertise in business, sustainability consulting, public policy, diplomacy, international development, or similar. You have worked in or with Australian and Southeast Asian country stakeholders on climate change and sustainable development progress with demonstrable experience effecting change and delivering results. You have both a nuanced understanding of climate related international and country level context and policy and an extensive network of relationships you can leverage. Additionally, you offer:
- Proven ability innovating and championing new ideas and methodologies
- Leadership securing project funding from government, industry, corporate and philanthropics
- Strong record of government and industry networking and engagement capacity
- Expertise setting strategic direction that delivers on organisational objectives
- Ability to motivate and develop high performance teams, a focus on empowering others
- Proven excellence of judgement and initiative in leading major projects and collaborations
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to influence and build consensus at senior levels
- Demonstrable experience facilitating stakeholders to act, identifying influencers and champions
If leveraging your Australia-Asia regional leadership expertise to help Climateworks work towards a zero-carbon future is appealing to you, and you can offer the skills and experience above, please apply ASAP by sending your resume and a cover letter responding to the skills and experience above to email@example.com quoting #1001595 or call Lois Freeke on 03 8080 8978.
Please note there is no formal closing date for this role, if you are interested we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
You must have an Australia working permit to apply for this position.
- VIC - Melbourne
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Climate Change/Climate Science
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation