Finance & Administration Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Fire Rescue Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
Finance & Administration Manager
Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) is a modern fire and rescue service that meets the needs of twenty-first century Victoria. Established on 1 July 2020 as part of Victoria's Fire Services Reform, FRV serves and protects communities across Melbourne and Victoria's major regional centres.
Fire Equipment Services (FES) is the trading name and commercial division of FRV and supports FRV strategic outcomes by “enhancing community capability to prevent & respond to fire and other emergencies” and “improving fire and essential safety measures in the built environment”. Specifically, FES consists of 160+ staff and contractors partnering with facility managers, major corporations and small organisations across a wide range of industries to protect their people and assets via installing and maintaining fire protection systems and essential safety measures along with training in emergency management; all to enhance community safety.
Fire Rescue Victoria values and respects workplace diversity. We welcome applications from people of all ages, genders, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with a disability and people who are diverse in gender and sexuality.
About the role
The FES Finance & Administration Manager will provide leadership, development and motivation to drive quality improvement, capacity and compliance across financial, governance, risk and administrative activities of the organisation in a proactive, organised, effective and timely manner.
Functional Accountabilities include:
- Apply senior commercial acumen and provide innovative strategic advice and recommendations with supporting data analysis to FES General Manager, FES Leadership Team and other FRV stakeholders to facilitate effective management, efficiency and controls over financial and administrative activities of the organisation;
- Take an active role in the development of the FES operating and capital budgets while implementing & actioning business plans, capital projects and strategic initiatives; controlling outcomes, monitoring performance, reporting of results and identifying & managing the delivery of continual improvement initiatives in alignment with FES and FRV mission, vision, values and strategic requirements;
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all finance operations (including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Budgeting, Financial Reporting and Auditing) in accord with AASB accounting standards and other guidelines. Control and manage financial transactional systems/processes and financial risk over income, expenditure and cash flows to deliver expected outcomes, financial statements, management reports, analysis and capital project management. Manage a complex financial system including development, implementation, training and final sign off approval over financial systems;
- Proactively and effectively maintain all FES procurement activities, supply chains and inventory holdings to provide compliant, insightful, effective and efficient arrangements that satisfy organisational and client requirements; including oversight of supplier relationships and ongoing review & improvement of pricing, deliveries and stock levels;
- Ensure all FES activities adhere to FRV governance controls/processes and the departmental risk register and risk mitigation plans are actively managed and reported on a timely basis through a proactive and collaborative approach with all stakeholders. Review contract variation requests outside preferred FES/FRV legal positions, recommending acceptance or negotiation with clients to reach agreement on non-standard terms; allowing FES to engage clients with acceptable, minimal risk exposure;
- Actively monitor and manage to ensure FES facilities, systems and asset requirements are maintained to an optimal level in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner through ongoing consultation with FES teams, FRV departments and various suppliers. Continuously monitor to ensure FES facilities and staff requirements (e.g. staff amenities, cleaning contractors, stationery & tea room consumables) are maintained to an optimal level in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Enhance and further develop a quality customer service focus and culture to external clients and internal stakeholders, including responding in a timely and professions manner to all client requests, proactively identifying requirements and implementing appropriate solutions. Actively lead the teams to improve the appropriate culture and service driven nature of the business;
- Coach, mentor and hold staff to account in order to optimise skills, ensure individual KPI's/targets are met, workload is allocated appropriately (to satisfy organisational requirements), succession planning & development plans are implemented (to improve performances), individual talent is recognised, very best external talent is attracted, a high performance culture is maintained and organisational values and expectations are always upheld.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Bachelor degree in a finance related field;
- CPA and/or CA qualification;
- At least 5 years in a management position, leading teams (>4) preferably within a business to business environment;
- At least 2 years in a commercial administrative position, supporting key stakeholders with data, analysis and recommendations;
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing continuous process improvements;
- Excellent leadership, people management, communication and influencing skills at a senior level.
Qualifications in the following areas would also be highly regarded:
- Governance, Audit & Risk;
- Project Management, Change Management & IT systems.
By joining us, you will have the opportunity to drive improvement and compliance in respect of Financial Systems, Governance & Risk Compliance, Procurement, Supply Chain & Inventory Management and Facilities, Systems & Asset Management.
We strive to create a high quality working life for our community of valued employees. You will work in a flexible environment where you will feel supported by an experienced, highly professional team.
Working with us provides:
- uniquely rewarding work in the service of the Victorian community;
- support for education, career and professional development;
- attractive pay and conditions, including access to an RDO system;
- an unrivalled suite of physical and mental health and wellbeing support services.
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted via Seek and must include a cover letter and resume addressing the qualifications and work experience criteria listed.
If you require any further information, please contact Hayley Atack, Recruitment Business Partner at Hayley.firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIC - Melbourne
- $139,195.91 p.a. plus superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Banking & Finance