- CSO 6
- Ongoing positions
- Inclusive and collaborative working environment
The NSW Police Force (NSWPF) is one of the largest police forces in the western world, with more than 20,000 employees, including more than 4,000 administrative employees who support the sworn officers that provide a range of law and order services 24 hours a day, seven days a week to the socially, geographically and culturally diverse community of NSW.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the NSW Police Force as we deliver the largest operational transformation the NSW Police Force has ever undertaken. The legacy COPS System is being replaced by the very exciting, cloud-based Integrated Police Operating Systems (IPOS), which is a once in a generation core policing system upgrade, making it faster, simpler and safer for officers responding to emergencies and investigating crimes across NSW. The Refresh & Resilience (R&R) Program is a vertical Pillar within the IPOS Program that the incumbent will be working on.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has now become available for an experienced and pro-active Change Manager to join the team and embark on one of the biggest business transformation programs in the NSW Government, while shaping the future of policing.
This key function will be responsible for ensuring smooth implementation of professional change management strategies to Program stakeholders and driving change outcomes including business readiness across the delivery streams. As a Leader of Change, you will be the key point of contact for high quality deliverables and driving end to end change management for impacted employees within the organisation.
With the assistance of key stakeholders and your team, you will have full ownership of change deliverables, creating change strategies, change impact analyses and developing change plans as needed. This role is a 12-month contract, on-site based at our Police Headquarters in Parramatta.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will support change team members with mentorship, advise and change management expertise and by the same token, manage any delivery risks and issues and develop and implement effective solutions to minimise resistance and maxims user acceptance and adoption of the change strategies that will ultimately have great impact to NSW Police.
The role will suit an energetic, dynamic and flexible person, who is willing to ask the right questions, collaborate with stakeholders on a daily basis and be a great team player who will be challenged to think and solve business problems and identify effective solution on a daily basis. If you are looking to grow your experience, challenge yourself and be part of a business transformation that will take your as a Change Leader to new levels, then we would be delighted to hear from you and tell you more about this opportunity!
- Obtain and maintain the requisite security clearances for this position.
- Tertiary level qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous experience in Organisational Change Programs within a large organisation with multiple business units and functions;
- Government, public service experience will be highly regarded but not essential;
- Flexibility, can-do attitude;
- Evidence of ability to plan and execute change deliverables;
- High calibre of interpersonal and communications skills, ability to identify, understand and manage complex and differing stakeholder needs;
- Demonstrated strong leadership and management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of team members and key stakeholders (internally and externally);
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision (orally, written and presentational) with proven facilitation, influencing, negotiation and strong analytical, problem solving skills and business acumen;
- Exceptional Stakeholder management experience;
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
For more information on this role (e.g. key accountabilities, key challenges and capabilities required for the role), click here to view the role description.
What we can offer you
At NSWPF our people have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. Some of the benefits available when you join the NSWPF include:
- Base Salary range $142,308 - $148,578 plus superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible work options;
- Opportunity to purchase leave;
- Annual leave loading;
- Corporate wellbeing programs including seminars and the Fitness Passport;
- Free annual influenza vaccination;
- Salary packaging options via superannuation contributions or a novated vehicle lease;
- 5-minute walk to train station, Westfield and Parramatta CBD;
- Free In-house gym facilities with state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
- Access to Police and Citizen Youth Club (PCYC) gym classes such as Yoga, HIIT and Boxing.
- In-house Café.
Our commitment to Diversity
- The NSW Police Force is a proud employer of a diverse range of people. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and respectful workplace for all employees. Differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging.
- We welcome people with diverse skills, experiences, perspectives and backgrounds and encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, and individuals who may identify as LGBTIQ, with disability, a culturally and linguistically diverse background, and people of all ages.
- If you identify as a person with disability or require information or specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact Donald Nand on (02) 8835 [link removed] 8208.
- If you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and would like assistance with your application, please contact the NSWPF Aboriginal Employment & Engagement team on (02) 9768 0644.
How to Apply
Applications can only be submitted electronically via the I Work for NSW website.
To be considered for this role, please attach a Cover letter (2 pages maximum) and an up-to-date Resume that clearly details your skills & experience as relevant to this role.
You must also address each of the following Target Questions (300 word limit per question) in the text boxes provided in the online application or attach as a separate document.
Target Question 1:
What are the different types of Change Projects and what type of Change Projects have you been involved in?
Target Question 2:
How can you tell if your communications about the change are effective?
Your application must stand on its own merits, and the completeness and relevance of your application will determine if you proceed through to the selection process.
Prior to commencement, the successful candidate will be required to undergo a rigorous National Police (criminal history) Check and obtain and maintain a Security Clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force.
For more information on applying for roles with the NSW Police Force click her e
Applications close: 8th August 2021 11:59 PM
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.