Archived News for Executives and Senior Management - September, 2012
A Chief Executive Officer is being recruited by the Queensland Government for the newly formed National Heavy Vehicle Regulator, an independent body based in Brisbane and recognised by all states and territories as the head regulator.
The CEO will be accountable for administering:
- Heavy Vehicle National Law;
- Establishing national business systems and procedures;
- Delivering regulatory activities;
- Developing reporting frameworks and national operating procedures; and
- Establishing industry liaison and consultation to implement educational programs and other related iniatives.
Dr Phil Diamond, Chief of CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science, has been appointed director general of the SKA Organisation that will oversee the construction and operation of the Square Kilometre Array (SKA) project.
The former Chief Executive of Redland City Council, Gary Stevenson, has been appointed as the City of Perth's new Chief Executive Officer. He will take up the position in late October 2012.